- connect SD-card with your PC
- copy your file with the file ending “.gcode” on the card
- It’s important that the right diameter for the nozzle is selected in the Slicing-Program.
- use your chip/card (also needed for entering the makerspace) to activate the printer
- The On-and-Off switch is situated on the bottom right-hand corner at the back of the machine
- 0 means off and 1 equals on.
- before printing -> check if base plate is coated with enough glue
- if printer is turned on -> select the menu item “print” with the dial
- search for your file on the SD-card and select it by pressing the dial
- afterwards: printer starts printing automatically
Removal of print
- after print is completed you can carefully remove the print
- It’s recommended to use a thin object to loosen the print from the plate.
· turn on the printer
· place spool with filament on the black spool holder that’s situated on the back of the printer
· Important: The material hast to point in clockwise position so it can enter the feeder from the bottom.
· Unroll a bit of material, straighten it and push it into the feeder lightly.
· If the material is in far enough the feeder will grab it. -> stop pushing
· Afterwards the Ultimaker heats up the print core an loads the material into the print head.
· After a little while the new filament should be extruded from the nozzle.
· Wait for the printer to cool down again.