- No special treatment is required for the press if it’s handled with care.
- The silicon mat should be checked and cared for every so often or be replaced if needed
- For all maintenance work, the press must be turned off.
- Unplug the press. (bc. even if the machine is turned off it’s still under power)
- taking care and cleaning
- The heating plates are either coated with teflon or integrated into the silicon mats -> clean them with care and be careful not to scratch them
- only use a soft piece of fabric and a little bit of mild soap for cleaning
- don’t use:
- abrasive sponges, cleaning alcohol, petrol for cleaning
- changing the silicon mat
- If the mat is attached to the base plate, you can use a blade to remove it.
- Use the blade to remove the remaining silicon from the plate.
- Apply a thin layer of heat resistant glue to the base plate (use a scraper to distribute the glue evenly).
- Lay a new silicon mat onto the plate and press down hard.
- Lay the heating plate onto the mat without applying pressure and leave the glue to cure for 24 hours.
- many Errors can be fixed with the following guide:
- make sure to turn off and unplug the press before maintenance